- David De Gea ranked below Hugo Lloris and Thibaut Courtois in world best goalkeeper poll
- Manuel Neuer tops the list compiled by France Football followed by Gianluigi Buffon
- Santiago Canizares, Lionel Letizi, Sepp Maier, Mark Schwarzer and Francesco Toldo picked the list
Manchester United hero David De Gea has been named the seventh best goalkeeper in the world despite producing an astonishing performance in Manchester United's win over Arsenal last weekend.
A panel of former goalkeeping greats in a poll for France Football magazine this week ranked him only seventh on the list.
Fellow Premier League keepers Thibaut Courtois of Chelsea and Hugo Lloris of Tottenham rank above him
The top ten shotstoppers in the world according to France Football.
1. Manuel Neuer (Germany and Bayern Munich) 30pts
2. Gianluigi Buffon (Italy and Juventus) 13pts
3. Thibaut Courtois (Belgium and Chelsea) 9pts
4. Hugo Lloris (France and Tottenham); Jan Oblak (Slovenia and Atletico Madrid) 7pts
6. Keylor Navas (Costa Rica and Real Madrid) 5pts
7. David de Gea (Spain and Manchester United) 4pts
8. Marc-Andre Ter Stegen (Germany and Barcelona) 3pts
9. Samir Handanovic (Inter Milan) 2pts
PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest News on NAIJ.com News App
The France Football panel consisted of Santiago Canizares, Lionel Letizi, Sepp Maier, Mark Schwarzer and Francesco Toldo.
All five put Neuer at the top of their list, while Toldo was the only expert to put De Gea in his top three. Letizi, Maier and Schwarzer didn't name him in their top fives at all.
Top 5 Nigerian football players: who is the best? on NAIJ.com TV;