- Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic missed out during the Manchester United awards night
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan who netted the ‘scorpion goal’ against Sunderland won the goal of the year award
- Antonio Valencia and Axel Tuanzebe were also award recipients on the historic evening
The Manchester United Player of the year Awards went down at the Old Trafford on Thursday night, May 18, as five trophies were presented to five different winners.
With the 2016/2017 gradually coming to an end, it was another time to celebrate the players who have been on the battle-field for close to a year.
First winner on the night was academy manager Angel Gomes who was the first ever recipient of the Jimmy Murphy Youth Team Player of the Year award.
United midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan who netted the ‘scorpion goal’ in their tie against Sunderland was awarded the goal of the season prize.
Antonio Valencia won the the Players' Player of the Year award while Axel Tuanzebe picked-up the Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year gong.
The Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award was won by Ander Herrera after an intense voting battle on ManUtd.com left Valencia and Zlatan Ibrahimovic very marginally in his wake within the top three.
See full list
1. Angel Gomes - Jimmy Murphy Youth Team Player of the Year award.
2. Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Goal of the season prize.
3. Antonio Valencia - Players' Player of the Year award.
4. Axel Tuanzebe - Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year gong.
5. Ander Herrera - Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award.
Below is a clip of Nigeria's Super Eagles preparing for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers