- Argentina's Ezequiel Lavezzi has been confirmed as the world's highest paid footballer
- Lionel Messi moves up to third on the list after signing a new Barcelona contract
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi come in fourth and third in a new list respectively
- Paul Pogba is the highest earner from the Premier League taking home £290,000 (N118m)
Lionel Messi is still not the highest paid player in the world despite agreeing to sign a new contract with Barcelona on Wednesday, June 5.
La Pulga has however overtaken Cristiano Ronaldo to be ranked third in the new updated list.
Messi will take home £500,000-a-week which roughly translates to N203m-per-week.
Also, contrary to popular belief, Carlos Tevez of Shanghai Shenhua is not the world's highest paid player, that title belongs to his country man Ezequiel Lavezzi.
Lavezzi plays for Hebei China Fortune and takes home £41.5million a year, which equates to £798,000 a week roughly equates to N326m in naira.
Cristiano Ronaldo comes in fourth place taking home £424,615 a week, N173m. Oscar of Shanghai SIPG takes home £424,615, N163.69m a week.
NAIJ.com gathered that Paul Pogba is the highest paid player in the Premier League and he makes the top ten list.
Luis Suarez and Neymar on the same salary come in at number ten.
The highest paid footballers in the world;
1. Ezequiel Lavezzi - £798,000-a-week, N326m
2. Carlos Tevez - £634,000-a-week, N259.4m
3. Lionel Messi - £500,000-a-week, N203m
4. Cristiano Ronaldo - £424,615-a-week, N173m
5. Oscar - £400,000-a-week, N1636m
6. Gareth Bale- £346,153-a-week, N141.6m
7. Hulk - £320,000, N130.9m
8. Axel Witsel - £294,000, N120.3m
9. Paul Pogba - £290,000, N118m
10. Neymar and Luis Suarez - £262,000, N107.2m
Watch NAIJ.com's video talking about Cristiano Ronaldo following Davido on Instagram;