- Nigeria are unchanged from 40th postion in the latest FIFA ranking
- The Super Eagles still the 5th best team in Africa in the May rankings
- Egypt are African's top nation, Brazil are number one in the world
Super Eagles of Nigeria are still ranked 40th in the llatest FIFA Ranking released on Thursday, May 4.
The team moved up one place from 41st to 40th in the April ranking but are unmoved in the latest ranking for the month of May.
In the new ranking, Nigeria are still fifth in Africa behind Egypt (19), Senegal (30), Cameroon (33) and Burkina Faso (35).
Congo DR (41st), Tunisia (42nd) Ghana (45th) Côte d'Ivoire (48th) and Morocco (53rd) who make up Africa’s top 10.
The table is largely unchanged from last month due to a lack of action on the international scene.
Brazil remain the number one country in the world with Argentina, Germany, Chile and Colombia making up he top five.
France, Belgium, Portugal, Switzerland and Spain make up the list from 5 - 10.
(1) Brazil (2) Argentina (3) Germany (4) Chile (5) Colombia (6) France (7) Belgium (8) Portugal (9) Switzerland (10) Spain
(1) Egypt (2) Senegal (3) Cameroon (4) Burkina Faso (5) Nigeria (6) Conge DR (7) Tunisia (8) Ghana (9) Côte d'Ivoire (10) Morocco.